(1) Contestants will compete in the age division they are the day of the pageant, unless a contestant has a
birthday and changes age divisions prior to the state pageant in June, then she moves up. Contestants must submit a copy of
their birth certificate.
(2) It is mandatory that Teeny, Tiny, Little, Junior, Teen, and Miss Queens must represent Tift
Co. at the Ga. Forestry Pageant in Tifton in June.
(3) Contestant in the Miss must reside, work or attend school in county they are competing in on the day of
the pageant and must be a legal resident of Georgia. If working in county, must have worked at least 3 months prior
to the local pageant, submit paycheck stub and letter from employer. If attending school in the county, must have completed
one semester and submit letter from the school or college. Legal Guardian or Parent must accompany all contestants at
the Local Pageant.
(4) Teeny, Tiny, Little, Junior and Teen contestants are open to all counties, unless otherwise specified by
(5) May be sponsored by Family, Friends, or businesses at the local pageant.
(6) The purpose of the Georgia Forestry Pageant is to offer educational opportunities to young ladies and promote
the Forestry Industry for that County. You can hold any title, we dont care how many titles you hold, and compete in
the local Forestry Pageants, but if you should be named queen of a local Forestry Pageant, you cannot promote or make appearances
for any previous or current titles, you must promote your county Forestry title at all events. You can go back when it
is time and relinquish your crown for any previous titles that you held prior to competing in this local pageant, but all
other appearances must be made as a forestry queen. If you should be named queen of a local Forestry Pageant, you
cannot compete in any pageant that will require you to promote or make appearances for them until you are three months of
giving up your local title. Local Forestry Queens will promote and make appearances as Local Forestry Queens only! You
can compete in other pageants as long as it is a pageant that does not require an appearance or promotion. You must
get permission from your local director before competing in another pageant, if you are named a local Forestry Queen.
(7) Local Forestry Pageant will be responsible for your entry fee to the State Forestry Pageant. State
Forestry Pageant dates are Teeny and Tiny-June 8, 2007, Little and Junior-June 9, 2007, and Teen and Miss-June 14, 15,
and 16, 2007. Queens will be responsible for ads, optionals, and so forth.
(8) Must always act in a ladylike manner, dress appropriately for appearances, and always wear crown and banner.
Always get dress attire approved by Local Director.
(9) Must get permission from the Local Director before promoting the Forestry in any event or before entering
other pageants. Queens cannot wear the Forestry crown and banner to promote other pageants after they give up their title.
If caught doing so, The Georgia Forestry Pageant has the right to ask the queen to return her crown and banner to her local
(10) Will get scholarship money at the end of your reign provided you have fulfilled your obligations to your
local Forestry title. The Director of the Local Pageant that you win is responsible for all your scholarships
and prizes. If for some reason the Directorship of your local pageant should change prior to the end of your reign,
the Director that crowned you will remain responsible for all your prizes and scholarships. The Georgia Forestry Pageant
and Educational Association, Inc. nor the newly elected Director will be responsible for the prizes and scholarships.
(11) Miss Queen will be responsible for making contact with the Director, not other family members. We feel
that this is part of your responsibility while wearing the crown.
(12) Contestants must have never been married, ever been pregnant or ever had a baby. Queen cannot marry, become
pregnant, or be convicted of a crime during their reign.
(13) Queens agree to abide by all the rules and regulations now in affect or announced thereafter.
(14) The pageant will be conducted under the rules set forth by the Local Forestry Pageant and a contestant
agrees that the time, manner, and method of judging the pageant shall be solely within the discretion of the Local Forestry Director
and the judges decision are final.
(15) No refunds unless the pageant should be canceled. Entry fees must accompany application.
(16) The number of applications accepted in each age division will be limited and accepted on a first come first
(17) The deadline to enter is January 25, 2007.
(18) If named queen, must be on time for all appointments. We will work with you on what appointments you will
be able to attend.
(19) A contestant must be of good moral character, never convicted of a crime, and shall possess poise, personality,
intelligence and charm.
(20) No cameras of any kind, video or photo cameras allowed in the building. No Cell Phones, Beepers, or electronics
allowed in the building. We will have a videographer and a photographer at the pageant for your convenience. This includes
any member of the contestant's entourage.
(21) Make all checks payable to the Tift County Forestry Pageant, mail to 3005 Clover Circle,
Tifton, Georgia 31794, or phone 229-386-2681.
(22) If you should be named queen of local Forestry Pageant, the Local Director will give you state packets
on the night you win. These state packets are to be turned into the local Director no later than 3 weeks after the date
you win your local pageant or April 1 whichever comes first. Motel reservations should be made at the Holiday Inn in Tifton
no later than four weeks after you win your local. Call 229-382-6687 and tell them you are with the Georgia Forestry Pageant
to get a special rate.
(23) A $40.00 service charge will be charged for any returned checks. Checks not picked up within 30 days will
be turned over to a collection agency at your expense.
(24) No Food or Drinks in the Auditorium
(25) Should there be a problem of any kind during the pageant, or related events, the contestant is to go to
one of the local directors. Any unruly, unsportsmanlike, or any unbecoming conduct by a contestant or any member of her entourage,
or any disregard for the rules and regulations of this pageant could result in immediate dismissal from further competition
without refund. Depending upon the severity of the action or behavior, it could result in a permanent barrier from future
competition of the Miss Georgia Forestry Pageant or any local Forestry Pageant. If you should lose your Local or State Forestry
title, you will not be allowed to ever compete in a Local or State Forestry Pageant again! If a queen loses her title, she
will have to return all prizes including but not limited to crown, banner, trophy, gifts, and scholarships.
(26) Tiny, Little, and Junior will be scored a 1 to 10 on personality, beauty, poise, gown, and overall appearance.
(27) Teen and Miss will be scored 50% on a five minute interview, 25% on a one minute speech, and 25% on evening
gown. Interview will be five minutes and speech one minute.
(28) State Queens cannot compete in any Local Pageant until they change age divions. Miss
Queens can compete in a local county pageant where they attend college, or if there is no county pageant, they can be the
first to enter to come to state or the first to represent their college. It is up to each Local Director whether they
choose to allow a Local Queen to compete again in the same age group as long as they don't compete the same year they reliniquish
their title and as long as they have not won state in the same age division.
(29) If a Local Queen wins State Forestry, she shall be able to keep her local title and any prizes from the
local pageant that would be coming to her and she shall represent state only!
(30) No soliciting of any kind is allowed at any Local Forestry Pageant. Leave all solicitations at home! This
means no passing out of applications, materials and so forth. We look forward to you joining us in the fun and excitement
of promoting Forestry for the State of Georgia.
Must submit wallet photo, black and white or color for the program book!
Materials are copywritten@Georgia Forestry Pageant and Educational Association, Inc. 2003-2007 and are not to
be copied without written permission.